On Sunday April 9, 2012 I will begin an online ten week study of the book Fascinating Womanhood. Anyone is welcome to join in on the study and it's free. Download your free copy of the e-book by scrolling down to my bookshelf in the right sidebar. I will post the lesson and weekly assignments on Sunday of each week. I would like to have group discussions on this study as well. Please let me know in the comments section if you plan to participate. We can all be the wives and mothers we were designed by God to be. Let's study together and learn how to enrich our marriages.
Facinating Womanhood Rules for the Wife at Home
1. Accept him as he is. Look to his good side. Don’t try to change him. Forgive him for past hurts. Allow him his freedom.
2. Admire his masculine qualities. Never wound his sensitive pride. A man’s greatest need is to be admired for his masculine qualities. His deepest misery is to be belittled by a woman.
3. Make him number one in your life. Comfort him tenderly. Appreciate his heavy responsibilities. Do not raise problems until after he has eaten.
4. Allow him to lead. Your husband’s God-given role is to lead you and provide for you. Allow him to do it. Let him know your views, but support his final decision 100%. Let him worry about the finances.
5. Inner Serenity. Men deeply admire inner serenity and goodness in their wives. Inner serenity happens when a woman is free of pride, self-righteousness, and guilt. She will always say and do the right things and she is forgiving.
6. Your God-given role is to be a mother and homemaker. Men respect these two things. Allow time to enjoy your homemaking. Learn and improve your homemaking skills. Cultivate women friends that you can visit with, do things with, and confide in.
7. Make the most of your hair, your figure and your health. Your appearance is important. Dress in modest, pretty and feminine dresses. Keep your hair moderately long and style it in an attractive manner. Lose weight if you need to and/or maintain your ideal weight with diet and exercise.
8. Femininity delights a man, and depending on him arouses his love. Do and wear the opposite of men. Appear to be helpless in masculine matters. Have child-like charm. Speak cheerfully.
9. Just ask with a smile. To obtain your wants from your husband, just ask with a smile and a please, as a young girl asks her father. Show feminine appreciation in an exuberant, child-like way.
10. Handle anger femininely. Men respect a spirited woman. Release your anger as soon as it arises, in a child-like manner. Show anger only when you have been clearly mistreated. Express it in a child-like way that allows him to feel manly and protective.